Posted on

Premier Inn Hotel fire – Bristol, in the outlying Cribbs Causeway area

It was a warm Wednesday afternoon in Bristol on July 19th 2019 when at approximately 1.15pm the Avon Fire and Rescue Service was called to attend to a fire that had broken out in the laundry room on the third floor of the 106 room Premier Inn Hotel in the outlying Cribbs Causeway area.

The fire rapidly escalated and by 5 pm it was declared a major incident and at 22.50pm the local Rapid Relief Team received a request to attend the site to provide refreshment support to the increasing number of emergency personnel involved. RRT volunteers began setting up at midnight and by 00.30am they were serving light snacks plus hot and cold drinks and were handing out hot bacon rolls by 1.00am.

The refreshment tent was manned continuously for another 28.5 hours and finally stood down at 5.30am on Friday 19th, when they were told to prepare to be deploy to another large fire incident a few miles away that had potential to deteriorate. Fortunately the situation was quickly brought under control and RRTs services were not required.

Over the duration of their presence at the event, RRT served approximately 380 bacon rolls, numerous veggie sausages and many hot drinks, cold drinks, chocolate bars, bananas, packets of crisps and of course, bottled water. All was gratefully received by the Services and RRT were very glad to support them and the essential work that they do

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *